Monday, January 05, 2015

It's Party Time!

When I was a little girl it was my parents rule to only host one birthday party in which we could invite friends, and that was our 5th birthday. I can still remember just about every detail from that day oh so long ago! I wore a beautiful light blue dotted Swiss party dress, white socks with a small lace ruffle, T-strap shiny black patent leather shoes, and a light blue ribbon in my hair.  On the guest list were my neighborhood friends including Joan, Libby, Jimmy, and Donny. My siblings also celebrated with me. The parties back then were very simple and no one had a theme for the day. Everyone's birthday party was as if it had been molded from the very same cookie cutter. We always played pin the tail on the donkey, opened gifts, sang to the birthday boy or girl, and ate birthday cake and my favorite chocolate ice cream. Then we played for a while with the new birthday toys until it was time to say our goodbyes. It was the perfect day! After all this time it still makes me happy when I think of my very special 5th birthday! Over the years I've given my share of themed parties running the gamut from "The Poky Little Puppy" to a dress up party at our local and very fun Magic House! Now birthday parties have become big business. Everyone has a theme and everything is color coordinated to match including the paper products, decorations, and party favors. Even the birthday shirts are custom made to match the party theme! And this is where Zoey's Attic can help! There are so many shirt designs to match the age and theme of your party and if you can't find exactly what you had in mind, well Zoey can custom make a design with your exact details. Here are a few party themes some of our reviewers have used: Michelle at Mama's Baby Cupcakes has had several birthday parties for her four precious daughters and these have included a polka dot cupcake second birthday and chevron first birthday party themes.

Mama's Baby Cupcakes Polka Dot Theme Party

Mama's Baby Cupcakes Chevron Theme Party

And Julie at Director Jewels had a firetruck themed birthday party for her little boy's 3rd birthday. He looked so adorable in his matching firetruck raglan style shirt!

Director Jewels Firetruck Party

Brittany from Lady and Her Gents chose a rockstar party theme since her birthday boy loves music. The colors on her sweet little rockstar's shirt were customized to complement the party colors. She even had guitar cupcake wrappers and rock and roll labels for the water bottles.

Lady and Her Gents Rockstar Party

And our friend Danielle from Happenings of the Harper Household had a princess party for two of her four girls. They had birthday princess shirts that went perfectly with their oh so sweet tutus! And the tiaras totally complete the look for these beautiful birthday girls!

Happenings of the Harper Household Princess Party

These parties look like so much fun! I think maybe I should throw myself a special birthday party later this year! Hmmm...wonder what theme I will choose?

No comments: