Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Holding On To Your Memories

Birth Pillows
When my daughter was born I never in my wildest dreams thought I would one day be shopping online.  I must admit I love it! There are so many specialty shops with just the perfect gifts for anyone and everyone...even those hard to buy for friends and relatives whom seem to have it all! I especially love looking at all the unique outfits and gifts for the little ones. You can find anything from embroidered blankets to sibling shirt sets and even a personalized birthday shirt made to match your party theme! One item that has gotten a lot of my attention is the birth announcement pillow.  As I feel my age more and more (yes, it happens!) and with life being so hectic, I have found my memory isn't quite what it used to be. I'm thankful I decided to video so many special moments like first steps, first words, birthdays, and holidays... you know those times you were sure you would never forget but sadly sometimes do. In recent years I have even turned to taking pictures of where I set my holiday decorations so I can refer back to them the following year when it's time to do it all over again! See, I've been distracted and my mind is off in another direction! So back to shopping for gifts online and those sweet birth announcement pillows. What a super reminder of such important facts! When my daughter was born the hospital sent us home with an 11 x 14 inch blank certificate and we had a friend enter the information from her birth in a beautiful calligraphy style, but there really aren't many details.  Basically it just contains her name, date of birth, weight and length. That's it! Now, Zoey's Attic has added canvas print birth announcements to its collection of pillows and you can personalize both with any details you desire. You can even include a favorite quote or meaningful saying. Although my daughter is no longer a baby I think I just might get a pillow or canvas print to record the facts of her arrival so I will have a little "cheat sheet" when my memory lapses. Now all I need to do is decide which adorable design I want or maybe I'll have them create a custom design just for me!

Personalized Canvas Print Birth Announcements

No comments: