Thursday, July 25, 2013

Love the Giraffe!

New Baby Gifts
 
I have always been fascinated by giraffes! They somehow manage to walk along with such grace, and it's truly admirable considering they typically stand about 16-20 feet tall! The average weight of the female giraffe is about 1800 pounds, while the male giraffe averages about 3500 pounds. That's ginormous! Their beautiful patchy coat serves as camouflage in the savannas and woodlands of Africa.  A favorite childhood (and adult) memory is seeing the giraffe family at the zoo. If you're ever in St. Louis you MUST visit our Zoo!  It is world class and admission is free! And another interesting fact is that the gestational period of the giraffe lasts anywhere from 400-460 days!  My goodness, that is well over a years time!  I'm ever so thankful human pregnancy doesn't last nearly that long!  I can only imagine how much I would have weighed at delivery!  So knowing my love for the giraffe, Zoey's Attic offers lots of giraffe designed items from a sweet pacifier by Wubbanub to an even sweeter personalized travel pillow for your toddler. And, if you're looking for a really adorable giraffe design pregnancy announcement shirt or sibling set, you'll also find it here.

Pregnancy Announcement Shirts and Sibling Sets

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These designs are so sweet! My son is obsessed with giraffes so these may be the next sibling set tees I order. ;)

Zoey said...

Hi Michelle,

Thanks so much for stopping by our blog! So happy you like the giraffe designs! :)

Hay Hay said...

oh my goodness, giraffes are my favorite thing ever!!

Zoey said...

Hi Kaymee! Thanks so much for checking us out! The giraffe designs are some of our favorites too! :)