Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Soon It'll Be A Wrap!

I've almost completed my Christmas shopping and it's time to start the wrapping! My list is always way too ambitious, and my husband says I buy for anyone and everyone I've ever met! It sure feels like it when I sit down to wrap! I have a crazy little method that works well for me. I use a different patterned paper for each of the kids, my husband, and for the individual families and friends we purchase gifts for at Christmas. So, for example, my brother's family may have a green paper with Santas and the presents for my best friend's family might then be wrapped in a red paper decorated with snowmen. I can then just look at a package and know who's family is to receive that particular gift. The wrapping begins after a long day and the kiddos are fast asleep all snuggled in their beds. I gather all my supplies in advance including several different papering options, ribbons in various holiday colors, scissors, several rolls of tape, name tags, and a red pen. This helps me to stay organized and focused on the duties at hand because I'm usually pretty worn out by this time of the night! I always wrap the presents at the dining room table with a hint of traditional Christmas movie playing softly in the background. I'm typically still at the paper wrapping station into the wee hours of the morning, and I never complete the task in one session so I can always plan on a few more very long nights finishing the job. At the end of the wrap I hide the packages in empty suitcases and boxes placed in the back of the basement... you know, where all the monsters hang out! Thus, no worries the little ones will be snooping around to see if Santa has already dropped off some presents for them!

Recently I saw a video on how to quickly and very easily wrap all those holiday packages. The video was from 93.7 FM and shared on Mama's Baby Cupcakes' Facebook page. I watched the video and was excited to try this new way to wrap my presents. Well, I tried it and wasn't very successful so I watched the tutorial again, and then yet again! I really don't know what my problem was but I sure couldn't wrap any present as fast and efficiently as they did on the video! I felt very inadequate at gift wrapping (sort of like how I feel when I try to dance!). Anyway, I wasn't expecting to fail GIFTWRAPPING101! I got so frustrated I went back to my own tried and true system of wrapping! If you have a few extra minutes please take a look at the YouTube video from Todd Tripp, and if anyone has any suggestions for future wrapping success using this method I would sure love to hear them!


Video courtesy of YouTube.com/Todd Tripp

No comments: