Saturday, July 19, 2014

Oh No! It's Back To School!

Teacher Shirt
Geez... the first day of school comes earlier and earlier every year! When I was a kid we never went back to school until the beginning of September. The academic year ended the first week of June and began the day after Labor Day. I remember those Labor Day evenings when it was the tradition to scrub off the summer dirt. We had a full three months off for summer vacation, so by this time we were definitely ready to head back to the classroom (I'm sure my parents were ready too!).  I believe the difference in our schedule was that we never had a Fall or Spring break, but rather only two weeks off during the Christmas holidays. I liked it this way...work, work, work, then play, play, play! I guess too it really needed to be this way since we didn't have air conditioning in the schools (nor at home) back then. It would have been unbearable attending class in the oppressive summer heat in St. Louis.  Now days the schools in our area are air conditioned and the first day of school is earlier and earlier each year. Most of the neighboring school districts have a start date some time during the first two weeks of August. So the good news is you still have time to get a fun custom tee from Zoey's Attic for your school aged kiddo's first day of class!
Back To School T-Shirts

No comments: